Role: Business Analyst
Xpertise are looking for a Business Analyst in Central Nottingham to work for a well-known client. The BA’s role, in essence, is to partner with the business to identify, document and manage the business needs for solutions to business problems and new initiatives. Primarily to form the bridge in communication between the Business and technical teams, to ensure both solution and expectation are delivered as agreed.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide the initial point of contact with the business to discuss and manage expectation, whilst identifying their key IT needs, through a consultative regular engagement.
- Work closely with the Business to document existing business processes using an appropriate output/format.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and where appropriate, document the 'As-Is’, 'To Be’ and 'Gap’ to further enhance the processes to greater efficiencies.
- Assess the business implications of proposed changes, identify complementary/contradictory requirements across the business and make recommendations on how to move forward.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organisation.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Translate complex business and technical issues into understandable concepts for all audiences.
- Create Business Cases and Benefits Analysis for all new work and proposed changes to aid management in prioritisation and implementation decisions.
- Provide the catalyst between business representatives, application users, all areas of IT and external suppliers. Where possible, input ideas and feedback for areas of improvement or advancement back to the business.
- Assist in developing, standardising, and maintaining new or improved processes within the Business Analysis function.
- Help to identify and implement new tools within the BA function
- Liaise with various business groups in the organisation to facilitate implementation of new or improved operational processes, systems and tools.
- Assist in the coaching and mentoring of junior BA staff.
- Help to identify operational problems, within the boundaries of given systems expertise, as and when appropriate (4th line support).
- Skills and experience required
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience with business and system requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping, methodology development, data modelling and prototyping.
- Ideally some formal BA qualifications ISEB, BCS, CBAP.
- UML Use cases, User Stories, Activity diagrams
- Extensive experience delivering smart documents using document assembly tools.
- Able to undertake several analysis engagements, of multiple sizes, concurrently.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft software packages such as Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Experience of working under a formal project delivery methodology such as Prince2 or Agile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, clearly articulating ideas, solutions and recommendations across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able and willing to take ownership of problems and issues and proactively resolve with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure.
If you would like to be considered for this role, apply below or get in contact with Ashley Bane: Ashley.bane @ xpertise-recruitment.com for further details.
Xpertise are acting as an employment agency and business
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'