Orion Group Sciences have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst for our multinational medical devices client based in the Limerick area on an initial 6-month contract.
This position is overall responsible for understanding business processes, analysing business needs, designing solution and coordinating development execution & implementation of client data products and other new technology solutions.
They will partner with other IT roles (e.g. BTL, other Business Analysts) and Business owners to identify and develop the acceptance criteria for the capabilities to deliver on unmet business needs.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Liaise with Business Owners, BTLs and other Business analysts to define and prioritize user stories, acceptance criteria and specifications in the sprint cycles
- Utilize effective Business Analyst techniques in order to translate what Business may want and to identify what is needed via the good use of elicitation techniques
- Explain to Business how requirement may be implemented from a functional stand point. Create wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes
- Participate to in-take process and define and/or support other business Analyst in solution blue-print
- Perform data exploration and analysis, delivering findings in agreed presentation layer. Knowledge of tools such as Tableau, Qlik or SAS
- Responsible for functional design of the process in the IT solutions. Document requirements as User Story in Change Management tool (JIRA)
- Drive optimal solutions in liaison with TS (Technical Services) in term of Build and Run
- Able to provide high level estimates with limited input for projects/major changes and liaise with TS to get accurate estimate
- Validate technical design delivered by TS teams and track on sprint delivery by participating to daily scrum meeting
- Deliver test protocol & test scenarios in liaison with Business, conduct pre-UAT and guide/support business testers during UAT
- Oversee data usage and liaise with business stakeholders to accelerate adoption of the different capabilities to maximize ROI
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledge base articles and know technologies like JIRA/Confluence/HPALM. Work using SDLC methodology
- Able to identify if a certain requirement can be met through out of the box, configuration or customization. Drives designs to maximize existing capabilities of the products
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or technology
- Minimum 3 years' experience in designing, delivering and supporting IT solutions
- Experience in big data analytics projects and products, business processes and architecture
- Experience in agile delivery
- Familiar with common EU regulation around data privacy, security
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred
- Able to explain in business terms (processes, roles, deliverables) different alternatives to meet business requirements. Use this information to drive discussion solutions with business owners
- Strong SQL and Analytical skills. Experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark an advantage
- Able to produce design blueprints with limited input to facilitate discussions with the business and agree how business needs can be met
- Able to stay updated on technology roadmaps, relevant technology players (market leaders, j
- ionaries and challengers)
- Able to document and clearly communicate use cases, solutions and recommendations that best match business requirements and optimize total cost of ownership
- Able to identify when a certain requirement can be met through out of the box, configuration or customization
- Able to help project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects
#medicaldevices #medical #device #13485 #multinational #product #implant #IT #data #Tableau #Qlik #SAS #engineering #technology #SDLC
For more information on this role, call Daniel Ryan on + or email
for a completely confidential chat about this role and other opportunities using the reference number: 929584
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'