Job Title: Business Analyst
Salary: Daily rate of anywhere between £200 - £400
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
About the role
Our client is an established mortgage lending business with exciting growth plans. The successful candidate will work with business stakeholders to create and develop software requirements specifications resulting from changes to business strategies, FCA approved mortgage criteria and regulation. Liaise closely with the development and testing team to ensure requirements are met. Author release notes to the business and manage the delivery of software changes. Provide leadership, coordination and project management to other areas of the company as required.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Business Analyst
- Work closely with business users to turn change requests into user requirements and functional specification documents.
- Ensure stakeholders understand and approve the specifications before development work commences.
- Develop a deep understanding of current system behaviour to ensure optimal solutions are proposed in the specifications.
- Work closely with the development and testing teams to ensure the developments meet the specifications.
- Manage the delivery of development projects and stakeholders including time lines, schedules and delivery dates.
- Update the internal Change Management System to store all project documentation and ensure it accurately reflects the status of all developments.
- Author business-facing release documentation and deliver training to the business as required.
- Oversee and manage the procedures for The Lending Team and update the procedures resulting from change due to business strategy
- Support change awareness through close liaison with L&D team
- Consider TCF in all aspects of role
- Drive actions to support a regulatory risk conscious culture into business
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Analyses problems, thinks creatively, and makes effective decisions in the appropriate timescale
- Is able to create a positive climate and influence others to get things done
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Degree qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience of writing software specifications in a business environment
- CeMAP or equivalent qualification
- Mortgage industry knowledge and experience is essential
- Underwriting experience preferred
- Understanding of mortgage lenders originations platforms
For more information regarding the role of Business Analyst contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days
- Business Analyst
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job