The Business Systems Analyst ensures that business process and technology come together to improve business outcomes and provide solutions for the growing needs of the business. The focus of this role is on process re-design, challenging the status quo, putting data at the heart of all processes and helping to build the enterprise architecture.
This is a technical role that requires understanding of different systems and technologies to drive through business transformation and change for our growing and ambitious business.
Key Skills & Duties
- Understanding the business process, questioning and challenging where appropriate and making recommendations for improvement.
- Use data modelling techniques to analyse findings to create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements or change
- Designing and/or re-designing business processes based on sound analysis and data, rather than anecdotal evidence
- Developing business requirements (e.g. collating and consolidating user stories, use cases etc)
- Knowledge of how systems interact and integrate with each other, including the technologies involved
- Identify the processes and the IT required to introduce your recommendations
- Communicate the benefits of recommendations across the business and address any concern and uncertainty for change
In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have:
- Must hold relevant professional or academic qualification
- Must have at least 5 years relevant experience
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to be able to capture, deal with and relay information to other colleagues
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed
- Must be organised with the ability to effectively prioritise and complete tasks in a high pressured environment
- Knowledge of database technology (MS SQL or similar), ETL methods and reporting solutions (Business Objects, Crystal, etc)
- Strong demonstrable experience of business process modelling and re-design
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Enterprise Architecture concepts would be advantageous
- Advance use of MS Excel preferred
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job