The software development environment constantly changes. Our company needs to adapt, be agile and manage constant change in order to maintain our key to success. This is where the Business Analyst comes in; to translate the company's needs into new and exciting products and services.
Your primary objective as a Business Analyst is to help the company implement high-quality software solutions in a cost-effective efficient manner by determining the requirements of a project and clearly communicating them to all stakeholders and facilitators.
Working as part of an Agile development team operating within the Scrum framework you will be involved across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles. You will contribute towards the defining and developing a Sprint backlog to achieve the goals set out by our Product team whilst supporting our Test and Development teams.
- Actively contributing to the delivery of new products and changes to the existing product line; working on multiple projects concurrently
- Work closely with key stakeholders to examine existing business models, workflows, and product features
- Identify business problems and help to identify potential solutions to meet the business needs
- Documentation where required as outputs from analysis activities such as functional and non-functional requirements documents, process flow diagrams, user stories, user acceptance criteria
- Actively contribute towards the creation of robust and compelling project proposals and business cases to meet desired business outcomes
- Contribute to the implementation of the solution through requirements definition, backlog prioritisation and acceptance testing
- Support the execution of user acceptance testing of system changes
- Any other duties that may be required by your Manager or the Company, providing you have been adequately trained to execute them. These duties may be required from time to time or on a permanent basis
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Previous experience with use-case analysis, wire-framing, task specifying, UML
- Demonstrable work experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, written and verbal, and strong presentation skills
- Highly motivated, ability to work independently with no supervision
- The ability to manage diverse stakeholders
- The ability to understand and analyse complex problems
- Experience working within the IT / Technology Industry
- Experience of Agile development using Scrum
- An understanding of Object Orientated, Data Modelling and Process Modelling
- Familiarity with browser-based web applications
- Familiarity with operating mobile and tablet devices for business functions
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and 32 days’ holiday including statutory holidays and your birthday - We feel it is important that all our people get to celebrate their birthday, so have the day off on us!
- Business Analyst
- Use Case Analysis
- Task Analysis
- Wire Framing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job