The role of the Business Analyst within the agile scrum team is to proactively collaborate to enable the team to deliver the sprint goal. The BA will work closely with the Product Owner gathering information to make decisions, elicit requirements and liaise with relevant stakeholders and all members of the scrum team to achieve common goals.
This role will ensure delivery of work streams meeting both product and delivery expectations, ensuring proper facilitation and execution of agile methods used to facilitate accurate and expedited throughput from development teams.
What you will be doing
Working closely with Product Owners and other stakeholders, you will elicit and produce comprehensive business and user requirements. You will collaborate to understand the product roadmap and maintain a product backlog which is prioritised and planned so that regular releases achieve strategic goals and work towards the product vision.
You will need to establish a working knowledge of core systems and associated business processes in order to understand and articulate business issues and data challenges pertinent to TUI.
You will be responsible for capturing user stories, identifying and articulating acceptance criteria and relevant scenarios. You will work with the team to ensure that the user stories are broken down to minimum testable and estimable level to ensure flow of user stories through the sprint is maximised.
The Business Analyst role acts as a central conduit between the business and the IT development team to ensure a common understanding of requirements, priorities & solutions. Collaboration with developers and subject matter experts is key to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs. You will need to understand and communicate any issues and risks; ensuring relevant parties are engaged to provide solutions.
You will provide timely, accurate and transparent visibility into progress against product & sprint backlogs and will feed back to the Product Owner on the readiness of backlog items.
The Business Analyst is expected to advocate and influence the adoption of agile methodologies within TUI to achieve time to value objectives as well as adhering to guidelines for program management processes and reporting to ensure delivery and mitigation of risks.
What we are looking for
• Experience working as a Business Analyst, preferably in an e-commerce environment, delivering a multichannel e-commerce experience.
• Experience in agile methodologies; specifically Scrum.
• The ability to produce user stories adhering to INVEST principles in a clear and concise manner, including the definition and agreement of clear acceptance criteria.
• Experience in motivating and empowering the team to grow an effective self-organising, cross-functional and disciplined team where individuals recognise that team success is more important than individual success and to bring out the best from the team.
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• A strong facilitator, gains buy in and consensus as outputs.
• The ability to analyse and communicate technical issues, lead discussions, create practical solutions and influence decisions.
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to mitigate potential issues.
• A track record that demonstrates helping teams and individuals become agile through care, consideration and collaboration.
• Passionate about quality and success.
• A self-starter, a quick learner and the ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst retaining a high level of integrity.
• A persistent energising and motivating influence.
• Knowledge in agile development tools, preferably Rally and other project management and reporting tools.
• A proven ability to work in complex working environments as an instigator of change and have demonstrable experience of driving change.
• An improvement orientated individual; putting forward and implementing ideas for improving processes and practices.
• Proactivity in taking ownership and responsibility.
• Excellent analytical and commercial reasoning skills.
Working within TUI group
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and pension scheme. Additional benefits include holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and lots more.*
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. We employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.5 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile”
Please visit our website for more information.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job