Vitality, Business Analyst, Croydon, 6 month contract, £500-£550 per day
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial service provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
As our Business Analyst you will be responsible for analysis and documentation of changes driven by regulatory changes in 2018. The successful candidate will have experience in producing high quality documentation, will be able to gather and interpret both functional and non-functional requirements and work with various stakeholders to produce the required technical and non-technical solution(s).
Responsibilities as our Business Analyst include:
- Partner with the business to methodically investigate and to use fact-based evidence to analyse, review, define, shape and document both functional and non-functional business requirements, and subsequently translate these into back-office system and process requirements
- Create and/or provide guidance for documentation such as gap analysis, impact assessments, business requirement documents, operating procedures, operational user guides.
- Plan and conduct requirement workshops/meetings where required and document the outcomes
- Ensure the traceability of requirements through to end user testing
- Assists with the testing of new functionality and any back office configuration changes where required.
- Assist the business stakeholders in the definition of roll out plans, including liaison with training and development to effectively imbed any IT change into the business
- Understand the implication and mapping of customer journeys and user experience
- Provides direction and guidance to Business Technology Partner(s), Ops and Finance Team(s) to identify and define initiatives to deliver business strategy, turning problems into solutions
- Can estimate timelines on complex analysis assignments
- Plan and conduct requirement elicitation workshops where required and document the outcomes
- Raises risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies to the Project Manager as well as line manager in a timely manner, offering mitigating actions and taking ownership of individual items where applicable
- Adheres to agreed Project Management methodologies, processes and ensures adherence at a programme, project and business level
- Responsible for the delivery of documentation using either Waterfall or Agile methodology
- Working with senior stakeholders to turn their visions into tangible Project deliverables
- Documenting “As-Is” and “To-Be” process flows including identification of risks and proposing suitable controls
- Assist in Managing change in the organisation to ensure projects are adopted successfully
- User story writing and sign-off
To become our Business Analyst, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of data and data modelling principles eg. ERDs as well as process modelling
- Experience with implementing UK regulatory or governance /policy changes
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Experience working in the UK Financial Services industry essential and wealth management experience is highly desirable
- Proven experience of managing multiple strategic priorities to strict deadlines
- Understanding complex interdependencies between systems from a business and process point of view
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience in wealth management and/or wrap platforms
- Experience with applying Security policies and/or Data Protection Regulations in a Financial services environment.
- GDPR project experience
- Proficiency in JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint, QTest
Working for Vitality as an experienced Business Analyst, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Thursday 15 March 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Business Analyst please click ‘apply’ today.