Job: 'Business Analyst' Accounting
Your new company
We are responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making our company a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Your new role
This is a 12 month fixed term contract:
We will shortly take on an additional responsibility, that of the authorisation and supervision of Master Trusts in accordance with the requirements of the Pension Schemes Act 2017 and the forthcoming Occupational Pension Schemes (Master Trusts) Regulations 2018. We're looking for Business Analysts to critically assess the financial viability, scalability and sustainability of Master Trusts and their funders within an authorisation and supervision regime.
Responsibilities You will:
- Make a judgment on the financial sustainability of a Master Trust, by analysing audited and management accounts and Business Plans to determine (on a case by case basis) the risk each scheme poses and challenging the scheme's assumptions on their capital, asset and liquidity requirements;
- Provide robust, advice to the Regulator which will include advice on the financial position of the sponsor or funder (s) of the master trust and the master trust itself;
- Peer review analysis undertaken by other Business Analysts;
- Meet with Scheme Funders, Scheme Strategists and trustees of Master Trusts to seek financial, management and market intelligence to assist the critical assessment required for a master trust to meet authorisation;
- Critically assess medium term business plans for Master trusts and their achievability in light of our understanding of the individual circumstances of the Master Trust and knowledge of the activities and ambitions of competitors;
- Assist in the development of operating procedures, standard correspondence, internal escalation and other reporting documents for all aspects of the authorisation and supervision of master trusts;
- Contribute to the development of well-informed, consistent lines to take for public communications;
- Contribute to the drafting of the Code of Practice and Guidance.
- Identify, prioritise and plan effectively
- Deliver appropriate outcomes in line with our objectives
- Evaluate, learn, adapt and improve
- Understand our audience
- Communicate clearly
- Build good working relationships
What you'll need to succeed
You should be able to confirm your abilities in most but not all of these areas. In particular you should be able to make critical assessments on financial viability. Any practical experience of applying this knowledge to employer covenants for pensions would be a distinct advantage.
- A qualified accountant or finance professional with demonstrable experience of understanding, analysing and dealing with corporate businesses of all sizes from owner-managed up to and including FTSE 100 listed companies;
- Experience of meeting with board level directors and challenging their interpretation of the financial information relating to their company;
- Ability to analyse, understand and critically challenge statutory accounts, management accounts, breakeven analyses, cashflows and medium term cashflows and business plans;
- Experience in knowledge management;
- Knowledge of the potential risks within the Master Trust market;
- Understanding of asset types which may be held by schemes as reserves and their associated adequacy requirements.
What you'll get in return
As well as a salary of £91,879, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- 'Business Analyst' Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job