Business Analyst (12 Month - FTC) Your new company
We are working with a well-known Government Authority to recruit for two Business Analysts on a 12 month contract to join their newly created Project and Analysis team. Based in Central London, the Authority has undergone a recent transformation and are now looking to expand their in house-IT department, specifically within Project and change.
Your new role
As a Business Analyst you will support the Applications Manager and the Senior Project Lead in capturing and documenting functional and non-functional requirements, for a broad range of IT services to enable critical business change and progression and ensure that IT services and business systems are fit for purpose. You will work with internal and external stakeholders including third party suppliers and ICT colleagues to translate business requirements for applications management and development and Infrastructure teams ensuring they can be accepted into service. You will also work proactively with business owners to clearly define and catalogue requirements using a variety of traditional and agile methods dependent on the complexity of requirements. You will be expected to manage user engagement and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and pre-production testing and defect management.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of ideally some business systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning, case management, forensics, intelligence and analytics and of COTS applications/cloud solutions and a strong commercial awareness in relation to the provision of business solutions.
- Proven experience and understanding of the development lifecycle using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and associated Project Management Office good practice.
- Able to use business, data and processing modelling techniques appropriately.
- Demonstrable experience in change management processes including acceptance into service
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £47,157
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job