Business Analyst, Cheshunt, £25,000 - £50,000
Our client is a leading provider of goods in the FMCG field and are seeking a Business Analyst. This role is within the BA team which is responsible for the full life cycle of in-house development from analysis and design to deployment and maintenance. This position will work at a strategic level with all levels of business and technical subject matter experts in the elicitation, documentation and management of business and systems requirements. The Business Analyst will be accountable for providing leadership and direction to ensure the appropriate collection of data; documentation of information; and presentation of findings. The BA will provide ad-hoc query support, create reports, and provide support to users who use the business intelligence tools.
The successful Business Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Gathers and documents requirements and process flows from business owners
- Prepares functional and technical design documents that are consistent with system architecture and achievable with available resources
- Participate in system testing and review
- Supports user acceptance testing of new features
- Train end-users with varying levels of technical skills
- Help the client with root cause analysis of data integrity issues. Create SQL queries that will resolve the integrity issues.
- Use SQL server management studio, SSRS and PowerBI to design and publish reports for internal and external clients
- Supporting the client through early problem detection, idea generation, and advising on "best practices"
- Raise awareness of where software systems can be used or enhanced to improve process flows and productivity
- Act as a focal point for customer liaison to ensure that required standards of service are provided.
- Assist in supporting and mentoring the existing Team members in day to day operations
- Assist with developing proposals and business cases
- Participate in on-call weekend rota
The ideal Business Analyst will possess the following skills/experience:
- Experience in SQL is desirable - a willingness to learn where lacking is a must
- Minimum 3 years' overall experience
- Must have strong foundation in business intelligence tools
- Strong experience within all stages of system development lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take little direction and achieve quality results independently.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Experience of testing in-house development would be advantageous
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job