Our client is an international corporate law firm who have a vacancy for a business analyst within its Leeds office to help support the business change function. The team is mainly based in Leeds but its members work in multiple UK offices. The principal responsibility of the role is to conduct analysis of the firm's business processes, data and systems to support improvement, change, re-engineering and transformation projects and initiatives.
- Takes ownership for the delivery of technical analysis projects (stages, workstreams).
- Document the 'as-is' data flow and system architecture.
- Defining the 'to-be' systems architecture and associated data flow.
- Establishing the data architecture for system changes across a change programme
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine the needs of the system
- Specifying the data standards for interactions between systems
- Overseeing implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance against the system requirements
- Collaborating across the programme to ensure technical and business requirements are achieved in an efficient manner
- Any other duties which are deemed to be appropriate to the role.
The experience and skills needed
- At a minimum 4 years' experience within a business analyst role, preferably within financial services
- Experience in technical analysis, data mapping and documentation of enterprise architecture.
- Experience in project management and / or financial modelling would be desirable.
- Knowledgeable on process re-engineering / re-design and quality management.
- Ability to work with and lead a project team.
- The ability to work with the project participants - their feedback will be the primary measure