We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst within our IT Team based in Dunstable. You will pro-actively apply a comprehensive knowledge of the needs of the business to provide solutions to business problems within Whitbread PLC.
We’re the UK’s biggest hospitality company, proud to own Costa Coffee, Premier Inn and some of the UK’s most well-known restaurants. We employ around 50,000 people, serving around 27 million UK customers every month across our 3,000+ hotels, coffee shops and restaurants.
Behind the brands is a technology function that helps to create our leading customer experience. We’ve invested £150m in technology over the last 3 years, to provide the foundations for capabilities to help us win in our markets both in the UK and internationally.
Trend-bucking growth. An increasingly global profile. The huge popularity of our brands. Make no mistake, our business is thriving, and with further expansion planned, the future promises to be even more exciting. As we continue to develop and grow, this is your chance to be part of our story.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
About the Senior Business Analyst role:
You will be working on a variety of projects from small scale quick wins to multi-million pound strategic projects within the Premier Inn and Restaurant division of Whitbread, in one of four domains. Each domain follows a strategic roadmap to support business change over mid and long-term horizons.
- BI and Commercial: this domain is creating a reporting master data function and has implemented a data lake and data warehouse for Premier Inn to support business critical aspects of reporting and management information. The team are also responsible for the evolution of our dynamic pricing engine;
- Customer and Commercial: this domain has recently implemented a new solution for the Customer Service Centre (Dynamics) to help streamline operations and is working on a strategic implementation of a new CRM solution to support marketing;
- Food & Beverage and Operations: Currently implementing a strategic master data management solution for food & drink products and will be looking at developing a strategic roadmap for the main stock and EPOS systems for the next 3-5 years;
- Hotel and Labour: Supporting a major transformation programme to replace the hotel reservation system as well as the expansion into Germany.
What you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent knowledge of requirements gathering processes and proven analysis and problem-solving techniques;
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, covering As-Is and To-Be Processes, Business Requirements Documents and test plans;
- Experience in managing relationships between external partners and business stakeholders;
- Effectively engage all levels of internal stakeholder, from users to director level;
- Exceptional communication & influencing skills with a strong customer focus;
- Proven experience of successfully facilitating workshops with business leads and external vendors, with the confidence to challenge;
- Track record of managing and contributing to multiple IT projects, simultaneously, and an ability to prioritise workload;
- Experience of the end-to-end project lifecycle, including facilitation of test phases and handover to support;
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies and techniques, both Waterfall and Agile;
- Effective at working as part of a multi-disciplined project team;
- Ability to focus on individual tasks, but with the confidence to ask for help when required.
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience within the hospitability industry;
- Exposure to RFP, RFI & vendor selection processes;
- Experience of working with offshore companies;
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis;
- Proficient at creating briefing packs, appropriate to the audience, for approval boards;
- Provide leadership, training, coaching and guidance to junior staff;
- Educated to Degree Level.
What Whitbread can give you:
- Competitive salary and generous bonus scheme (up to 30%):
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays,
- Private healthcare (family cover),
- Pension scheme (matched up to 10%),
- Whitbread Sharesave Scheme,
- Whitbread Privilege Card and a wide range of discounts.
- Career development opportunities across the brands;
- Opportunity to be involved in strategic programmes of work from inception to implementation;
- Potential to travel internationally;
- Opportunity to be part of a thriving community of Business Analysts and Data Analysts;
- Annual community day working with local charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job