DS Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join the high performing IT team and play an integral part of the Core IT Applications in UK Packaging & the SSC.
The Business Analyst will work with colleagues in the IT Team and key business stakeholders to identify and refine appropriate IT solutions that will realise 'value adding’ business opportunities. These may be within the existing applications portfolio or new components.
What aspects are involved in this role?
• Work closely with 3rd Party services providers to ensure continuous improvement, driving benefits in the service offering to users.
• Collaborates with Group IT and with other DS Smith regions to ensure consistency of approach across the application estate.
• Promotes innovative solutions that deliver competitive advantage.
• Ensure Production environment stability and provide continuous support globally (2nd and 3rd line) in partnership with the 3rd party Service Partners.
• Drive reduction in service issues by focus on Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis.
• Builds and maintains a broad business understanding and working knowledge of the IT organisation’s systems, capabilities and strategy.
• Grain and understanding of DS Smith business processes and how the current application solutions support these. Applies this knowledge to define and assure best practice across the estate, and to best solve problems; providing alternatives based on best practices and available functionality and technology
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Broad Architectural understanding of applications.
• Experience of working with and controlling the activities of 3rd party suppliers.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and the ability to present difficult concepts into understandable terms to all levels of the organisation
• Experience of integrating to ongoing operational systems and legacy systems.
• Experience of rolling out new applications, replacing legacy applications
• Experience of Finance, Purchasing and Design solutions in a manufacturing environment
• Experience across the full System Delivery Lifecycle from capture of requirements, through functional specification, development, testing, and transition into support: evidence of personal contribution in systems analysis, design reviews, quality assurance, and service acceptance.
• Experience in providing systems support and direct contact with users to solve
• Proven ability to investigate and troubleshoot problems
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Home based, however ideally near Caerphilly or Blyth Valley
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.
- Business Analyst
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Systems Analysis
- Experienced Business Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job