We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
M&G are looking to recruit a Business Analyst Team Leader within the Investment Operations Transformation Team.
The role is to support the delivery of The Galland Programme, which includes the implementation of a strategic end to end platform (Aladdin) and to lead a team of analysts who also work on the project. The role will report into the Operations Workstream of Galland, supporting the implementation of the full operating model for Investment Operations.
Specifically, this role will align to the FX, Money Market and Cash and holding reconciliations area, and therefore an understanding of these areas would be beneficial. The project is currently in the test phase for the initial implementation.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Work proactively with the key stakeholders across the business and within the technical teams to define detailed business functional and non-functional requirements.
• Lead a team of analysts providing project and non project support and having regular one to one meetings.
• Where appropriate, identify gaps and work closely with technical experts to understand and define business solutions.
• Work with development scrum team as a representative for Operations
• Have a good understanding of, and take into consideration Operational Risk when identifying new processes and/or technical solutions.
• Engage various teams across the business to determine implications of proposed solution.
• Work closely with Systems Analysts and Development teams to ensure appropriate technology changes are implemented successfully.
• Define and execute functional system testing and business scenario testing.
• Support User Acceptance Testing.
• Input into project planning and define and manage the analysis approach and deliverables against estimates.
What we are looking for:
You will be a self-starter with previous experience of delivering on projects, working with stakeholders at different levels and leading a team and managing others. The ability to challenge business users and help shape project scope and requirements is essential, as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and the determination to see initiatives through to completion. You will have a genuine interest in expanding their knowledge and understanding of the challenges and developments impacting operations and systems in the Asset Management industry. The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business is key, as well as the capability of facilitating medium to large sized workshops and meetings with stakeholders.
You will possess the following industry knowledge: investment markets, instruments and products, data suppliers and operational lifecycle for FX and MM. Understanding of both the cash and holdings reconciliation to custody is essential, as well as regulatory frameworks. Experience of Aladdin would also be advantageous. You will have an understanding of the M&G business as a while and its interactions with other parts of the Group would be beneficial. IAQ/IMC/ISEB is also beneficial.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.