Business Analyst Specialist - London/South East+ UK Travel - £32,500 to £42,500
A growing, high achieving UK based plc are looking for a consultative, commercially minded and delivery focussed individual. Upon joining this leading provider of Agile IT consultancy services, you will be expected to hit the ground running in conducting analysis and delivering projects to a high standard. The organisation is looking to substantially grow its client base, with a particular emphasis on the private sector whilst continuing to maintain a strong public sector presence. Therefore it is desirable that you have a track record of the delivery of IT projects in both the private and public sectors. However, candidates demonstrating strong experience in either will be considered.
- Approximately 3+ years Business Analysis experience.
- Background in IT Change Delivery either in Consultancy or directly for commercial / public sector organisations.
- Solid understanding of software development, preferably in both agile and waterfall, but consideration will be given to demonstrable experience in either.
- Be able to evidence analytical thinking and methodical problem solving skills.
- Contributing to consulting activities for initiation, analysis and implementations.
- Contributing to scoping, analysis and overall Solution design.
- Articulating the client’s needs as requirements, user stories and functional designs.
- Production of high quality analysis documentation, proposals and implementation plans.
- Supporting the Project/Programme Manager and Lead BA as part of the delivery team implementing the solution.
- Documenting change requests and enhancements.
- Liaising with clients during implementation and user testing of developed solutions.
- Managing objectives set by the Project/Programme Manager or Lead BA and seeing things through to completion.
- Effective coordination and time management skills.
- Experience of Agile (Scrum, Kanban, (Government Digital Strategy) GDS, Behavioural Driven Design (BDD)) and/or Waterfall (Requirements, Analysis, Support for Design, Dev, Test & Implementation) projects
- Strong understanding of business requirements and technical constraints and the relationship between these in determining the appropriate solution. (Requirements Gathering and Elicitation, Workshops, As-Is/To-Be, Gap Analysis, Specifications, Development and Test Support)
- Ability to apply analytical skills and innovative thinking to system delivery, preferably across a range of technologies.
- Application of change management techniques and processes, with particular focus on business analysis standards and best practice.
- Ability to manage the competing demands of multiple, simultaneous project tasks.
- Ability to delight our clients whilst also managing their expectations clearly, realistically and sympathetically.
We offer a competitive package which includes an attractive salary, and:
- Matched pension contributions up to 5% of annual salary,
- Private medical cover,
- 25 days per year holiday,
- Discretionary employee share option scheme,
- Gym membership allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
This will be a demanding, challenging but highly rewarding position for the successful candidate.
While a significant proportion of your engagements are based in London and the South East, you must be prepared to work across the UK.
- Business Analysis
- Digital Strategy
- Delivering Projects