This individual will be responsible for the analysis, design and improvement of business processes and software systems within Gazprom Energy.
Based within our Manchester office, the key objective of this role is to support the expansion of the Gazprom Energy business by providing objective and effective business analysis of systems and processes.
Gazprom Energy is the retail arm of London-based Gazprom Marketing & Trading Ltd. Since becoming part of the Gazprom group in 2006 we’ve gone from strength to strength, even in challenging economic times. In the last eight years we’ve expanded into new territories, entered new markets, grown our customer base and employed more people. In the UK, we specialise in supplying energy to businesses and organisations of all sizes and today we’re the second largest business gas supplier and we supply 1% of business electricity. From our Manchester headquarters we serve over 15,000 customers across the UK and provide support to our teams in France, Germany and the Netherlands. We work closely with our Gazprom Marketing & Trading colleagues and together our goal is to help Gazprom be a leader amongst global energy companies. This means putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. Since we value our people as much as our customers we’re committed to challenging, developing and investing in our 400 employees across Europe and as we continue to grow and build a leading pan-European energy retail business, we’re looking for people who have a passion for excellence, work well as a team and can think outside the box to overcome challenges.
The Portfolio, Analysis and Change department sits as a unit within IT&D. The unit retains responsibility for the pre-delivery activities related to change. The unit has the responsibility to ensure that all proposed change has been:
- prioritised, planned, tracked and measured through the GE portfolio management framework;
- assessed for the level of impact on all business processes, systems and resources ensuring all business deployment and training needs have been identified, planned and delivered;
- through an objective and effective business analysis stage in order to capture and define business specifications;
- assessed from a data and technical architectural perspective to ensure a solution is fit for purpose and does not cause any negative impact.
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders, software development team and BA colleagues to assess, shape and deliver:
o Process change and improvement
o Tactical and/or strategic developments and business change via the Operating Plan
o Small business change and BAU tasks
- Work in partnership with key business stakeholders and BA colleagues to understand, document and own the business process architecture across Gazprom Energy Retail
- Assist in capturing tangible and intangible business benefits of carrying out a requested IT delivery to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
- Creation of all Business Analysis documentation including Vision and Scope, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Acceptance Criteria and all artefacts that support the definition of the solution
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and updated
- Have awareness and understanding of how the functional design and delivery of a solution can impact peripheral systems and across business processes and proactively manage dependencies
- Identify programme/organisational level risk and contribute in the management their mitigation
- Use effective requirements management techniques to ensure that they are prioritised according to customer needs, traceable to business process and any changes are managed and communicated with the relevant stakeholders
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable business analysis experience in business process design
- Experience of specifying and writing functional specifications and business requirements for development teams is essential.
- Experience of working with a range of business, IT, and 3rd party stakeholders in the delivery of a shared goal / vision
- Experienced in the definition, shaping, creation, and on-going management of functional design artefacts (essential). This includes functional requirements, process architectures, business processes, and business KPIs.
- Understanding of a Retail Energy business: operational and commercial aspects - know and understand how the end to end business works, key drivers of competitive advantage and critical processes.
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) is essential
- Knowledge of modelling techniques such as UML Use Case, process flow, ERD, Data models is essential
- Understanding of good governance practices
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
- Able to communicate relevant project information to relevant stakeholders
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Fluent in English
o Exposure to using SQL for data attribute analysis activities is an advantage
o An ability in French/Dutch/German/Russian would be an advantage
- Business Analysis
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'