Responsible for investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business process & systems, defining requirements and ensuring effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business.
- Takes full responsibility for business analysis within a portfolio where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of National Grid.
- Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, supporting strategies, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high level and details business cases, taking into account the implications of change on the organization and all stakeholders.
- Guides senior management towards accepting change brought through process and organisation change.
- Provides Quality Assurance work on the BA deliverables for level 6/7 Business Analysts or contractors if leading a team.
- Previous experience within regulatory change environment
- Undertaking roles in which analytical thinking is applied to produce business improvements within the Environment across a variety of business situations and complexity.
- Substantial experience working within Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of IS project development processes and wider organization units of IS
- An understanding of how the client is organized as a business, what the business functions do
- Understanding of the purpose of business process teams and the new RIIO regulatory framework.