Business Analyst / Product Owner
Experian® Decision Analytics (DA) integrates predictive data and analytics into valuable business decisions that provide greater insight into decision performance and helps companies keep pace with changing business priorities. By applying expert consulting, analytical tools, software and systems to convert data into valuable business decisions
Our expertise spans a variety of industries and we provide software to some of the world's largest finance, telcos and other blue-chip companies. The crown jewel in our software suite is PowerCurve which provides best-in-class decisioning applied across the whole customer life-cycle from customer acquisition to in-life and collections.
This is a high impact role, where the right candidate has an opportunity to work with some of the most exciting technologies in data, analytics and decisioning. The candidate will have an opportunity to work and support driving our products forward, as well as be part of a wider team that is driving a platform approach.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business analysis and experience of working in an agile environment as a product owner. The role will be focussed on working as a PO with a team of UI developers and testers so excellent skills around defining & describing user journeys with a knowledge of UI design / UX / technologies would be useful.
An understanding of SaaS, databases and multi-tenant software development is required as we are looking for that right person that will become part of an agile, high performing global development organisation.
- Working with an agile development team of developers and testers to build, test and deliver a new web front end for our SaaS platform.
- Working with the key stakeholders - UX Manager and UI Lead as well as development & programme management to create user stories from all agreed requirements.
- Ensuring a high quality detailed design with the customer journey in mind is implemented and working through requirements in an agile manner.
- Management of all dependencies across teams and ensuring that everyone is aligned in your deliverables.
- Creating, maintaining and prioritising the Product backlog, supporting sprint planning and ensure the relevant user stories and acceptance criteria are prepared in advance for the team to work on.
- Validating everything built meets the acceptance criteria of the project scope.
- Clearly communicating the business requirements to the team, scope changes to the stakeholders and impacts to the project manager.
- Strong background in business analysis with a proven track record.
- Experience in working with software development teams and a good technical understanding of how products are built is essential.
- Understanding of web front end and end user interaction
- Knowledge of UI design, UX and supporting technologies
- Hands on approach
Working Practices and Relationships:
- Senior management and stakeholder relationship is key
- Ability to work across global teams and work with different cultures
- Engages with developers, testers and stakeholders to support with all work requirements.
- Works as part of an agile team and communicate progress and regularly present at different levels.
- Educated to degree level /equivalent
- Broad/Proven work experience in business analysis and working as a product owner.
- Able to work at strategic, as well as detail, level and can engage with stakeholders across a wide range.
- Knowledge and experience in building and delivering Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Solid, multi-organisation experience as a Business Analyst, with demonstrable skills in business process, systems and data analysis and the production of high quality written documentation.
- Broad experience of Agile delivery and knowledge of Agile techniques such as User Stories, Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration & Automated Testing etc.
- The ability to drive and challenge business users and delivery teams in the specification, design and delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
- Must have an aptitude for attention to detail
- Software Development
- <span style="font-size: small;">Business Analysis
- Product Owner</span>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job