Business Analyst - Oracle Financials
Contract. Dublin 3/4 days - 1/2 days remote (Travel covered by client). Global Retailer. 6 months.
Business Analyst with an expertise in Oracle Financials required. You will report into the Oracle Financials Stream Lead and work closely with the programme Functional Solution Architect, Solutions Partner and interact with other BA's within the programme and wider organisation. You must have participated in at least one major Oracle Financials implementation, in a lead BA role, including General Ledger, AP, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, eTax and AR
- Play an active part in the programme including programme meetings, progress updates, risks and issues reviews etc.
- Challenge the Business to focus on the outcome of the process rather than the how it is done, to support minimal modifications to software, unless there are efficiencies in the change.
- Take an active role in workshops appropriate to function.
- Work with the other functional BAs within the programme and legacy system BAs to ensure robust "End to End" business processes.
- Act as guardian of the business process maps and ensures that any changes to them are closely controlled.
- Assist the Finance function to embed new processes developed for Oracle Financials Release 1.
- For Release 2, support data cleansing and enrichment activities in readiness for data conversion and cutover.
- Support the resolution of functional and cross-functional issues (including Key Decision Documents - KDDs) working with the Solution Architect.
- Work with the Finance Stream Lead and the Finance Change Manager to fully understand the impact of any proposed business process change.
- Assist in the preparation of testing materials, in particular assisting the business to create robust business scenarios for both technical and Business User Acceptance Testing.
- Support the execution of Business User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Support the Training process as appropriate.
- Support the assessment of Business readiness for go-live and the cutover process.
- Assist in problem diagnosis and where appropriate resolution.
Skills and experience required
- Proven track record in at least one major Oracle Financials implementation, in a lead BA role, including General Ledger, AP, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, eTax and AR
- Experience of recent versions of Oracle Financials (preferably v12.2.4).
- Demonstrable experience of working as a BA in one or more retail/fashion businesses.
- Excellent understanding of Financial Reporting/Control, Finance Operations and Management Reporting processes, a good understanding of how those processes interact with other functions.
- Experience of Oracle Retail processes and Oracle Financials / Retail integration.
- The gravitas to engage to senior levels on functional processes and best practice.
- The ability to manage relationships between a variety of stakeholder groups, notably Business functions, the Business Analyst community and the programme/wider architect community.
- The ability to strongly probe the rationale of individuals and influence such that decisions are taken that are of benefit to the business as a whole even if they are unpopular or controversial.
- The ability to map business processes and use process mapping tools to record agreed business processes.
- A drive to resolve issues and ensure that decisions are taken in a timely fashion.
- The ability to produce quality deliverables and achieve agreed milestones.
- The ability to articulate clearly the Oracle system and technical terminology in a language that is clear to and understandable to business users.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Visio
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
- BUSINESS ANALYST
- CASH MANAGEMENT
- PROCESS MAPPING
- GAP ANALYSIS
- FIXED ASSET
- ORACLE FINANCIALS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job