Leeds, Kirkstall Forge - with periodic UK travel to Care Home locations
Permanent, 37.5 hr/week
Salary up to £23,000 DOE
We're a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About job area
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? At Bupa we have a range of roles spread across many areas for you to choose from.
From global teams to developing our activity within the UK, all of our professional roles play a key role in delivering on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
What you'll be doing
The Finance Business Analyst role is part of a small team who is the key finance subject matter experts for pay & reward governance across the Care Services business. This role also forms part of the finance led team for projects which apply across the Care Services portfolio and key analysis for strategic and local decision making.
What's a typical day?
- Developing and delivering relevant and timely periodic reporting to enable the management teams to understand commercial performance against key levers and KPIs
- Assisting in the understanding of the performance of Care Homes and Villages and helping to make clear the levers to optimise performance
- Pro-actively investigating variances in expected financial performance, whether positive or negative, to identify root causes and pro-actively inform the team
- Supporting commercial reviews as necessary of Care Homes/Villages and supporting operational staff on managing commercial performance
- Acting as a point of contact for Operational Management teams for finance and commercial matters
- Assisting in preparation, appraisal and analysis of business cases submitted for capital and/or revenue investment, as required
Who we're looking for?
- Previous finance experience or relevant study ideally, including reporting, planning, forecasting, and cost control
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes through consultation and conciliation
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking with a 'can-do' attitude with the ability to summarise and communicate complicated technical issues
- Ability to work under pressure, handling multiple priorities and capable of providing insightful and balanced views on business risks and issues
Whether you've found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn't where you've been. This is where you're going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.