We are looking for a Business Analyst to provide support to Investment Operational Change projects.
The role is based out of Crawley, Sussex and you would be required to work across 3 offices in the South East, but mainly Crawley. There is the scope to work from home regularly.
The Business Solutions Architecture team is a Group-wide function providing Analysis and Solutions support to all projects and change across the company. They work closely with the Group Project Management Office and project management teams to assess and support initiation of new changes and are responsible for a range of Business Analysis deliverables across the project lifecycle.
The Business Analyst should be able to build relationships across the Group and confidently engage with stakeholders and clients. The ideal candidate needs to understand business and client needs, translate them into business and IT requirements for design, development, testing and implementation. They must also be able to support the design, proposal and capture of appropriate system or service solutions and assess the change to operational requirements and/or the impact on business processes.
Undertake detailed requirements analysis from an outline, or from detailed feasibility study;
- Liaise with clients to define requirements and related processes using Group and Industry business analysis standard approaches and techniques;
- Gather and document functional and non-functional requirements for sign-off prior to converting these to a functional specification and technical specification for handover to IT design/development teams, Operations and the Business;
- Using various tools and techniques, define needs and recommend solutions that deliver value to stakeholders (examples: SWOT analysis, blueprints, research and information analysis, mind mapping);
- Able to apply process mapping and redesign skills : Define 'As-Is' and Target Operating Model (TOM)/"To Be" processes;
- Support the project manager on scoping, objectives, estimation, assumptions, risk and dependency analysis and liaison with development teams/key stakeholders as agreed
- Provide effective and considered business analysis and create agreed and fully stakeholder reviewed/approved final documentation during relevant stages of project lifecycle;
- Identifying, assessing and escalating to the project manager any threats to project delivery (risks) or events that are actively impacting project delivery (issues);
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- Significant experience in business analysis work in complex Investment process/development environments;
- Confidence in strategic communication with senior stakeholders;
- Knowledge of Pensions, and Investment Services;
- Certification in business analysis (ISEB/BCS, LEAN Six Sigma or equivalent);
- Individuals with experience in the Financial Services industry are preferred.
- Business Analyst