Business Analyst (FTC 24 months)
Business Analyst (PDP)
c. £55,000 per annum
FTC 24 months
"This is an exciting time to work in the Pensions Dashboard Programme at Money and Pensions Service (MaPS), which has been formed to make Pensions Dashboards a reality for people in the UK. We’re creating something that will change the pensions landscape and the experiences people have with their pensions."
As a Business Analyst you will be a key part of the Find and View development team in delivering the find and view components of the pensions dashboards. This is a critical piece of the delivery of the new service, allowing UK pension holders to locate and consume collated information relating to their UK pensions data.
You will work across the product delivery lifecycle to bring together business needs with technical capabilities, with the goal of defining solutions that deliver value. You will be experienced in a variety of business analysis tools and techniques in an Agile environment, and you will be experienced in detailing requirements using industry best standard approaches, whilst being familiar with the process of detailing and communicating user stories and acceptance criteria.
Here is an insight to the Pensions Dashboard Programme:
Pensions dashboards will enable people to access key information about all of their UK pensions, private and State, in one place online, revolutionising how people engage with their pensions throughout their lives. Enabling the delivery of pensions dashboards will require up to 52m adults in the UK to be connected with up to around 43,000 pension providers and schemes to search for their pensions.
Development work by industry has already taken place, as a concept. The goal is now to turn it into a delivery solution for the benefit of UK citizens. MaPS has created a Pensions Dashboards Programme (PDP) which will be responsible for delivering the digital architecture and governance framework that will allow multiple parties to be connected as part of the pension’s dashboards ecosystem. This hugely significant development has the potential to improve the financial wellbeing of millions of people.
The programme is comprised of an Industry Steering Group and a supporting Programme team within MaPS. The Programme is working in close partnership with DWP, TPR and FCA who all have related delivery responsibilities. Industry has had, and will continue to have, a crucial role to play in designing and developing the necessary components to make pensions dashboards possible.
In this role you will be responsible for the following;
- Analyse and understand problems and opportunities in relation to the Find and View functions of the Dashboard Programme
- Identify areas for improvement, explore feasible options and make recommendations based on evidence.
- Help define success criteria and measure the impact of the change deployed
- Identify and elaborate user needs for dashboards to enable effective design, development and testing of the service
- Provide evidence and collaborate in decisions related to prioritisation and minimum viable product by using analysis-led insights
- Ensure new features align with PDP’s goals and user needs, and are aligned with organisational goals
- Understand any programme, policy and legislative constraints that need to be considered, and assess the implications
You will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Can demonstrate practical experience of Agile methodology and apply an Agile mindset to all aspects of your work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- Able to apply knowledge of structured approaches to identify, investigate, analyse and communicate complex business problems and opportunities. Analysis of data and information relating to business goals, objectives, functions and processes.
- Document and consult on requirements in a layout and format that can be easily understood by all stakeholders, capturing user needs and acceptance criteria using a recognised format. Ensure that you understand and follow the principles of the INVEST model.
- Translate the business problem and user needs into a set of detailed requirements that align to best practice methodology, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories (where appropriate) and defined acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate experience of performing the analysis, identification, design, prioritisation and implementation of process and business changes.
- Understanding of how to apply business analysis and evaluation skills to support the design, execution and assessment of business process tests and usability evaluations.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of enterprise architecture and business architecture.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, managing and monitoring relationships with and between internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse IT system capabilities and requirements to inform the development of bespoke IT systems or software packages, ensuring technology solutions meet business requirements.
- Understanding of how to support the testing of a technical solution to ensure it meets business and user needs, focusing on functionality and usability of software throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Understanding of the importance of user experience and accessibility requirements, and the ability to use user research to inform decision making.
What Money and Pensions Service can offer you?
- Generous Annual Leave - 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme - contributions matched 2 to 1 (up to 10% of your salary)
- Interest-free loan to help you buy season tickets for buses and trains
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Subsidised eye test & flu jabs
- Life assurance scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Enhanced family and sick pay
- Paid volunteering (2 days a year)
- Recognition Scheme
- Discounts portal to numerous retailers
- Business Analysis
- Business Analyst
- Business Process
- Agile Environment
- Strategic Roadmaps
- User Experience
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'