Do you have exceptional analytical skills? Are you organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join our highly successful FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) Team based at our office in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Working with your FP&A Manager, Finance Business Partners and the wider finance team, you will provide end to end support for the operational managers of the business in all aspects of financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting and benchmark analysis to drive the commercial performance of our parks and / or key income streams.
As Business Analyst your main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that all parks in your regions and / or income streams strive to hit their EBITDA targets.
- Act as a first line of finance support for the Finance Business Partner, Regional / Park management or Income Stream owner, proactively dealing with queries and analysis in a timely manner and providing advice and guidance on financial matters and commercial decision making.
- Ensure the accuracy of the management accounts for your part of the business before final distribution through liaison with our Management Accounts team
- Support business reviews as appropriate and contribute through the explanation of trading variances and analysis to support the key trading trends. Assist with the development of action plans to improve poor performance, monitor and feedback results providing challenge as appropriate.
- Support the forecasting process, ensuring the buy in of operators and understanding the movements between current and previous forecasts, looking to predict the future based on current trends and identify any potential business issues.
- Work with Internal Audit to provide an effective control environment to protect the company’s assets (cash, inventory, fixed assets) and assist in dealing with IA issues.
- Prepare / input weekly journals to ensure forecast data and other key data points are updated and accurate.
The successful Candidate will:
- Be a part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a number years’ experience in industry, ideally in leisure or hospitality.
- Hold outstanding financial analysis skills, with the ability to gather, manipulate and present large quantities of data effectively.
- Have the ability to influence key business processes by taking an analytical approach to identify and act upon trends within financial information.
- Be well-organised and able to develop and monitor plans to meet agreed deadlines.
- Be flexible, travelling to across business locations as required to deal with issues that have arisen.
- Be highly numerate and analytical with excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to work within a team and develop positive relationships with both finance and operational colleagues
Please note, as some travel will be applicable, a full driving licence will also be required.
If this sounds like you and you think you have Parkdean Resorts potential then apply now!