Add an annual turnover of $22.3 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 9,900 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise’s Information Technology provides powerful solutions and systems to support our world-wide business operation. Our talented workforce delivers the tools necessary to meet the demands of our customers and our business. Our platforms and strategic business focus helps drive our growth and enhance our level of customer service. Our relationship with our business is hands on and offers our workforce the opportunity to apply some of the latest technology in the market.
With our continued growth we are pleased to announce that the EU IT team have a new opportunity for a Accountant to join the team at our EU Head office based in Egham, Surrey.
The EU Business Management team currently cover a wide range of areas including financial management, contract management, vendor and payment management, this role will provide opportunity for development within the business management field for those that are looking for a new challenge with a new focus.
In this role you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating operational day-to-day activities, as well as the more long term strategy of the team. You will be involved in developing and maintaining procedures that support key areas of IT Business Management and leading individuals in adhering to these procedures. This role will also focus upon collaborating closely with Corporate IT and working as a part of global IT, as well as liaising with the Business to improve efficiencies in their operations and act as a key Business partner.
If this sounds the perfect role for you, please hit the apply button at the top of the page!
- Uphold strong fiduciary responsibility by providing/ overseeing creation of accurate & timely financial reporting
- Assessment & creation of team's/ department's strategic vision, to ensure maximum impact & value from all of the team's activities
- Management of EU IT Contracts, Inc. involvement in reviews with Contract teams - ensuring maximum value from all EU IT contracts & effective financial management of in-life contracts
- Assistance in financial & contractual management of pan-European & Global IT Projects
- Review/ Supervision of Financial Statement & balance sheet schedule reconciliations & investigations
- Reports on monthly EU IT spend, including vendor, personnel & internal cost expense analysis
- Supervises review of financial accounting entries to ensure appropriate general ledger coding and cost centre accuracy
- Creation, submission & management of EU IT Forecast throughout the fiscal year - reporting on monthly Forecast versus Actual spend
- Implement and analyse cost control and financial management initiatives, with creation of EU Accounting Memo's
- Consistent focus on global IT governance & consistency in financial management across the company
- Responsible for business and financial compliance, assisting where required with internal and external financial audits
- Ensure our systems provide for an efficient and effective cost control environment
- Effective training and development of a team of junior members of the team
- Previous Accounting experience essential
- Previous experience within an IT environment desirable but not essential
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to confidently present ideas and opinions
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Unwavering attention to detail, with a firm commitment to accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A proven ability to lead, train and develop employees
- Monitor risks in our business and maintain a system of strong internal controls
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 40 per week
Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB
How To Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
The first step is our application form, which takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete if you have a CV to hand. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for.
If your application is successful a member of our recruitment team will be in contact to arrange a competency-based telephone interview. Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job