Business Analyst/Data Analyst - MIFID
One of our large Finance/custodian clients is currently looking for a Business /Data Analyst will be responsible for the analysis & definition of the business requirements, functional specifications (if required) and operational architecture for functional work streams. In addition the data component of the role will be focused on Data Quality Assurance.
This will involve testing the completeness,, accuracy and validity of data as well as developing a business data glossary and full business lineage. The Business Analyst/Data Analyst must be able to:-
Working on the Data Workstream you will have a strong Data analysis , VBA, Data Manipulation & regulatory delivery experience
Formulate and define project / programme scope and objectives for their allocated work-streams across all business, operations, and technology stakeholders by thoroughly understanding business processes in specific business areas.
- Lead initial strategy/planning and scope definition through to process design, requirements development, testing, training and implementation of the solution for their assigned functional area(s).
- Coordinate documentation reviews and ensure that agreement and sign off is achieved across multi global internal, and often external, business and technology stakeholders.
- Manage issues and risks, identify potential roadblocks and be accountable for keeping their work-stream on track.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Develop a Business Data Glossary and Data Lineage.
- Query SQL database and analyse data as required.
The role will require the following key competencies:-
Business Data analysis
VBA, Data Manipulation
regulatory delivery experience
Good knowledge of FX, Capital Markets, Securities Finance and Collateral Management.
- Knowledge and experience of working in regulatory projects specially MiFID I or MiFID II or MAD/MAR or EMIR or Dodd-Frank or SFTR would also be helpful but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience of working productively and appropriately with internal and external senior level stakeholders in large complex Financial Institutions.
- Good in-depth business knowledge of custody (securities processing and cash processing) and global cash management practices.
- Well-developed understanding of regulatory and compliance matters and a track record of delivering effective and appropriate solutions to complex regulatory requirements.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of best-in-class methods, tools and techniques for elicitation and documentation of internal and external client needs and associated requirements.
- Able to take personal responsibility for delivering accurate results to challenging timescales.
- Ability to gain deep understanding of application architecture and end-to-end operation flows across multiple systems and between the Company and our clients; and to propose appropriate associated MIS procedures and reporting.
- Organised, proactive and dependable.
- Knowledge of data quality concepts and SQL.
- Knowledge of data models and development and purpose of a Business Data Glossary and Data Lineage.
- Working within theBNYM Data Governance Framework.
- Data analysis
- Business Analyst/Data Analyst - MIFID
- Data Manipulation & regulatory
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job