Michael Page are currently partnering with a Top 10 Accountancy practice who are recruiting for a Business Advisor. The role will work competently and independently to support a team in the timely delivery of services to a more complex and larger client base. This is a brilliant opportunity for the right candidate to build on their advisory experience and have a good level of client contact from the outset.
Our client is a Top10 Accountancy practice based in Southampton. They have a great reputation on the South Coast and beyond. There is circa 150 people in the Southampton office and the business advisory department is a big focus for the next 5 years with a target to double their budget in that time period. There is a good structure in the existing team giving the successful candidate a great opportunity to progress with a good support network around them.
- Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Prepare tax computations
- Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, ledgers, preparation of journals and schedules and prepare monthly management accounts for review.
- Using Caseware produce statutory accounts for review for a variety of clients including those reporting under UK GAAP , FRS102 and other accounting frameworks
- Perform pentana checker and have a detailed understanding of the disclosures required
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors
- Ability to interpret financial data, proactively present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Proactive analysis of clients data and communication directly with client
- Liaise with other service lines and other streams on technical issues as appropriate.
- Work as part of a team to provide rounded accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Ability to identify opportunities for other BSA services
- Ability to identify possibilities for other services and liaise with manager/relevant departments
- Visit client sites when necessary
- Asks questions to check understanding, avoids assumptions and delivers to expectations
- Proactively seeks knowledge and skills relevant to the role and client needs
- Updates manager regularly with progress reports and delivers work accurately and promptly
- Efficiently delivers service in order to ensure best value for the client whilst maintaining quality
- Has an up to date LinkedIn profile
- Actively develops a network of professional contacts and attends relevant events.
- Well organised and planned
Committed to delivering what is requested and informs superiors of any issues at an early stage
Has strong time keeping discipline
Works well in a team
Proactive in managing own learning and development and sharing best practice
Is able to prioritise and manage tasks set
Is open to feedback from others
Ideally AAT qualified or equivalent
Studying ACCA or equivalent experience
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
Knowledge of accounting packages (Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks) and caseware.
On offer is a very competitive salary and benefit package as well as good career progression for the right candidate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job