Experienced Business Administrator, Gloucester, £22k-£25k depending on experience, full-time.
This is a varied role in a growing company that encompasses not only the day to day office management but requires the individual to manage the wider business administration and processes as the business scales up.
The business administrator will ensure that company processes and procedures are followed correctly and are in line with current legislation and industry standards, or they will develop new procedures as required. Within this company of 21 staff, the Business administrator plays a pivotal role, ensuring that the various functions and managers are able to work efficiently.
This varied role has a number of core responsibilities including (not an exhaustive list):
- The core day to day office administration such as stock ordering, managing diaries and post.
- Routine financial duties managing invoices and purchases orders, bank recs and credit control.
- Handling certain HR procedures; maintaining HR documentation, personnel records and performing the role of Health and Safety Officer.
More importantly, the Business administrator will also need to understand the business workflows and be able to work with the MD to ensure that individual departments are able to perform their roles efficiently.
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Applies experience of day to day finance and book keeping tasks to maintain up to date records
- Uses attention to detail to produce accurate invoices, purchase orders and financial reports
- Applies experience with HR systems to maintain accurate and up to date personnel records
- Uses organisational skills to manage multiple concurrent tasks to deadlines and prioritise own workload
- Uses experience in a varied role to work proactively on a range of monthly, weekly and ad hoc tasks
- Presents a professional and knowledgeable image of the company throughout all interactions
- Demonstrates an understanding of the commercial pressures of a small business and how their own actions can affect these
- Applies knowledge of Information Security to ensure all company and client data and systems are kept safe from threats
Skills and Qualifications
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience in a varied business administration, operations or wider office management role.
- A dynamic self-starter
- An excellent eye for business processes
- Exposure to Xero accounting package
Normal working hours 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday
22 days holiday, plus public holidays
2% Contributory pension
Private Health cover
Death in service cover
Some evening and weekend working may be required from time to time.
Driving License and own transport essential
- Business Administration
- Process Improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job