Business Accountant / Finance Business Partner - Excellent Benefits
Your new company
Your new company is a local government organisation.
Your new role
The Business Accountant plays a key role in the organisation an will be the key point of professional financial management advice for designated 'Heads of Business/ Service', guiding them through the prioritisation of resources to activities and place ensuring that they is able to best use the resources to meet its corporate objectives, tackling difficult financial decisions, within funding stream constraints, in the short and medium term.
- Deliver effective and efficient finance advice to Heads of Business/ Service on management, planning and allocation of resources by Funding Stream / Activity to Directorates and financial performance, aligning it to operational performance, identifying and recommending actions on areas of financial risk and efficiencies.
- Responsible for providing advice to Heads of Business on 5-year medium term plans (by Funding Stream / Activity), avoiding cross-subsidisation and taking account of upcoming changes, corporate priorities and unfunded pressures.
- Support Heads of Business and Service in the prioritisation and distribution of resources to deliver corporate objectives in their short-term business plans.
- Support the Head of Business/Service in the monitoring of its financial performance, aligning it to operational performance and identify areas of risk/opportunities and provide expert advice on decision making.
- Support Heads of Business in the interpretation of the re-forecast of the current year position and advise on the re-allocation of budgets in line with policies.
- Provide expert financial advice and guidance on technically complex areas such as workforce planning, income, activities and funding streams and also external facing support to groups and Boards such as the Flood Risk Management Advisory Board and IDDs.
- Advocate compliance with our Financial Scheme of Delegation, identifying and then either resolving or referring issues to the specialists for resolution.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you`ll be a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) with experience of medium term financial planning and business partnering / influencing senior stakeholders within a complex organisation. We welcome applications from candidates in the public or private sector.
What you'll get in return
You`ll be offered a permanent role paying up to £36,867. You will also receive market leading benefits to include a civil service pension, 30 days + 8 bank holidays and flexible / agile working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'