Role: Telephone Account Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Account Manager to be based in our client's Swindon office.
You will maintain and develop business relationships on a panel of strategic account intermediaries to exceed sales targets. In addition, develop and grow profitable relationships with intermediaries through sales and business consultancy, predominantly via the telephone, along with face-to-face visits where appropriate.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Create, develop and manage relationships remotely with key intermediaries to promote the Company and drive protection sales
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the business works: their current position, future aspirations and how the company can partner with them to make life easier.
- Promote the company proposition predominantly using remote distribution methods
- Understand responsibilities associated with FCA membership (including TCF), and how this affects the company and intermediaries.
- Be at the leading edge of understanding the market place and industry developments when dealing with distributors. Understand the RDR and the impact this is having for intermediaries as they deal with both clients and providers to help develop their business.
- Operate an effective Client Management system and robust sales process
- Operates within CDF scheme
- Improve and update product and market knowledge and apply this knowledge appropriately
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience of selling / promoting protection products
- Excellent understanding of the intermediary marketplace, RDR, competitors, as well as intermediary business models, technology and processes
- Detailed propositional knowledge across the entire range of company products
- Good knowledge of FCA & governance responsibilities
- Ability to deliver a consultative sales process with intermediaries and be able to consult with them about their current and future business needs and integrate Company proposition
- Adapts communication style to the individual needs of intermediaries
- Able to network and successfully build relationships via remote media and face-to-face contact and be able to demonstrate consultative engagement
- Have effective personal and business organisational and planning skills with a proven ability to think creatively and to innovate
- Be self-motivated, goal orientated and resilient in a high pressure environment
In return our client is offering an attractive salary with commission and an annual bonus on top plus a generous benefits package including defined contribution pension scheme.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job