This is an exciting opportunity to come and join an exciting, fast paced public sector team. For this role you will be expected to closely follow agreed processes, procedures and guidelines to ensure the correct governance of public funds. To support continuous improvement you will expected to make recommendations for improvements to line management, and work towards implementing changes once agreed. You will be expected to liaise with a number of executive officials
from a range of different sectors.
You will be expected to decide if the applications, both initial and payment, meet the conditions set out in the grant agreement or contract. You will then conform this to the line management who will agree the the application in line with the levels of Authority.
- Plan and manage ongoing activities in liaison with line manager, to ensure grant administration can be undertaken to enable settlement of grant applications and contract obligations in line with Welsh Government arrangements.
- Liaise with operators, stakeholders and Local Authority members at a high level
- Administer grant applications by communicating the current guidelines to applicants as well as checking, and assessing applications by providing support for the assessing applications to ensure they are compliant in line with WG sign off arrangements
- Administer grant and contract payment applications by providing support for the assessment of payment applications in line with theit KPI's and to ensure payments are received in a timely manner
- Provision of support (email, phone and face to face) to grant applicants, LA's a CT operators
- To manage correspondence with more than 50 operators and local authorities
- Gather and compiling financial and operational information
- Monitor bus quality standards and update management of any changes
- To provide analysis and reports to the Bus Funding Project Board
- Organise, attend and minute board meetings
- Communicating the outcomes of decisions which may or may not accord with the wishes of the enquirer.
- To undertake actions for the audit process and auditor
- Experience of working effectively with local authorities and with private sector partners
- Experience of financial management and grant administration
- Experience of preparing, supporting and minuting meetings
- Experience of working in a public transport context
- Good communication skills - both oral and written
- Practical skill, knowledge and experience of a range of IT application including word and excel
- Experience of Grant Administration
- Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment, working on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to building lasting, positive & supportive relationships with a wide variety of people
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'