Working as a bus driver isn’t just another driving job. To become a professional Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) driver, as well as excellent driving skills, you need to be passionate about customer service, love working with the immense variety of people who live and work in your area and be able to stay calm under pressure.
Don’t worry if you have never been a bus driver before - we can train you. We employ professional instructors who have many years’ experience in helping people through the process of learning to drive a bus. Once you have passed your PCV test you will also gain your Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), a nationally recognised qualification.
So you’re equipped with all the skills you need to drive in service, further initial training includes ticket training, customer service training and type training, so you are familiar with different bus types within the business.
Essential requirements for the job are:
- Minimum of 18 years of age (DVLA Regulations)
- Passed fit for a PCV medical
- No more than six points/endorsements on driving licence
- Have held a car driving licence for a min of 12 months
- No drink driving convictions in the last ten years
- Arriva carries millions of passengers in the UK every year. We have more than 20,000 employees who represent the diverse communities we serve. We invest a lot of time and money in our workforce; we work hard to train them and develop their skills. Because of our commitment to our workforce, large numbers of our employees choose to stay at Arriva for their entire career.
Looking for a new career? Then it’s time to get the wheels in motion and apply today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'