To carry out a variety of tasks in relation to bulk manufacture, weighing, quality, materials handling, safety, administration and housekeeping.
3 shift pattern
Essential Job Functions/ Responsibilities
- Collection of raw materials from storage and return of part pallets to correct storage location;
- Ensure strict adherence to Good Pre-weigh Practice;
- Ensure continuous replenishment of certain storage locations (e.g. fast moving materials, hot room);
- Transfer of pre-weighed raw materials to correct storage location;
- Undertaking of daily cycle counts, annual stock check and other stock control checks as required;
- Identification and rectification of stock anomalies as required;
- Accurate weighing and labelling of raw materials in accordance with established procedures;
- Collection of pre-weighed raw materials from appropriate location;
- Reconciliation of batch prior to start of manufacture;
- Manufacture of product in accordance with appropriate method;
- Management of manufacturing skid and associated equipment effectively;
- Transfer of products into appropriate storage vessels;
- Quality sampling and testing of batch;
- Ensure compliance with correct manufacturing method for formula and batch size;
- Work continuously towards improvements in line efficiency;
- Ensure strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Practice;
- Perform administrative tasks including completion of all required documentation;
- Follow manufacturing plans;
- Conduct daily stock check of manufactured liquids on site.
- Raw material and liquid sampling for Labs when requested;
- Use a variety of transportation to ensure the safe handling of necessary materials;
- Use computer systems and maintain stock accuracy;
- Minor maintenance tasks within capability of job holder;
- To give assistance within the Factory where skills and experience are appropriate when requested by management, particularly regarding the handling of raw materials and liquids on site;
- To work as part of a team and to impart expertise to others as necessary;
- Adhere to all Health & Safety and Quality policies/procedures;
- Follow all relevant housekeeping procedures to ensure that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained at all times;
In combination with the responsibilities outlined above, the Bulk Manufacturer will also play a major role in highlighting and resolving problems by participating positively in working groups and being flexible, intuitive and communicative. It is important that the Bulk Manufacturer works toward all departmental objectives.
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
- A current Reach Truck licence;
- Experience of working in a manufacturing/production environment;
- A good general standard of education including GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language;
- A good understanding and attitude towards health and safety and housekeeping;
- A good understanding and attitude towards Quality
- A flexible attitude and willingness to work shifts
- IT literate with experience of using in-house operating systems
Qualifications and Experience - Desirable
- GCSE Mathematics and English grades A*-E (or equivalent);
- Experience of working in a FMCG cosmetics or pharmaceutical environment.
- Knowledge of X3 software system;
- Experience of Good Pre-Weigh and Good Manufacturing Practice.;
Essential Skill Requirements
- Attention to detail/accuracy;
- A positive attitude towards continuous improvement;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise and plan ahead
- A positive attitude towards voluntary overtime
Other Skills/Abilities - Desirable
- Problem-solving ability
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiate
- raw materials
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'