We are seeking to recruit a Building Surveyor – either graduate level or experienced with proven Contract Administrator / Project Management skills and knowledge.
The role requires the ability to work efficiently on your own, managing a workload or as part of a project team. We’d expect an experienced surveyor to possess leadership skills and the competence to set clear objectives for others.
Clear communication skills are essential due to the nature of the role and the parties worked with on a daily basis - contractors / clients / loss adjusters.
The roles will include:
- Site surveys of damaged buildings (Domestic, Commercial and Industrial). Recording all damage and defects
- Compiling detailed schedule of works
- Undertaking the role of Contract Administrator
- Liaising with clients, agents, consultants, loss adjusters throughout the pre & construction phase of the project, effectively project managing the rebuild / repairs process
- Evidencing and recording in support of any variations or unforeseen works items
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and current building regulations
- Valuing contractor’s work and variations on an interim basis and the issuing of the required Certification for Payments
- Compilation of Final Accounts – balancing all project costs
For the graduate level, you’ll need to have completed a RICS or CIOB accredited Degree (Building Surveying or similar), have a clean driving license and be willing to travel to sites across the South and South Wales. You’ll be ambitious and driven with a strong interest in construction, highly professional in character and demeanor, with good communication skills.
Both roles will require you to be an experienced user of Microsoft Excel & Word / Office 365 and capable of working from a laptop/tablet/phone when out and about.
The roles are based from our head office in Weston super Mare, so please only apply if you are within a reasonable commute.
For the experienced building surveyor position you’ll need all the above and have overall experience of managing construction projects between £50K - £2 million, including working with legal contracts such as the range of JCT contracts.
An understanding of CDM Regulations 2015 and The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 is essential for this role, along with the below requirements:
- NVQ3 Construction Contracting Operations (Surveying)
- Working towards MRICS / AssocRICS / MCIOB, MCABE
- BSc(Hons) MSc Building Surveying/Construction Management or similar
- A knowledge of insurance reinstatement projects would be desirable but not essential
- NEBOSH Health & Safety, or similar, would be desirable
To be considered for this role, please apply today.
- project management
- building surveyor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'