Job Title: Building Surveyor/Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Salary: £Competitive + Company Benefits
Holland and Barrett have an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor/Property Manager to join our growing property team.
The H&B portfolio currently comprises of 830 stores covering the UK and Ireland with exciting plans to continue to grow the estate.
Your role will be to proactively manage the estate, which will include store closures, deal with interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations, reactive and proactive management of complex building related issues and general estates/asset management.
The role will be for a particular region, therefore we can offer a degree of flexibility with the need to be in Head Office, based in Nuneaton, one or two times a week.
- Responsible for external contractors, ensuring they are acting in the best interest of the company, that they hold the correct qualifications and insurances to act on the companies' behalf in the relevant areas and represent best value to the business
- Responsible for the store closure schedule, liaising with the legal and estates teams to ensure lease terms are satisfied and critical dates are met
- Responsible for reactive and proactive response on critical issues that affect the ability for a store to trade and/or more complex management issues that do not fall under the day to day management of the estate
- Responsible for dilapidations ensuring the schedules are kept up to date and that project or insurance works are completed in a timely manner and within budget
- Dealing with interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations in a timely manner, including or managing party wall issues, complex Insurance claims, landlord notices to repair, negotiating cash settlements where commercially economical for the business
- Preparation of schedules of works and specifications relating to trading stores and works to be carried out prior to lease expiry or disposal
- Ensuring the ability to trade the retail premises via effective asset and property management of more complex building related issues. Liaising with the Facilities Management team to ensure that issues that are the landlord's responsibility are dealt with in a timely manner
- Build effective relationships with internal colleagues and external consultants both at the support centre, and also in the field, from store manager level right up to the divisional managers
- Ensure relevant working schedules and databases are up-to-date and accurate at all times. This will include the maintaining the company wide asbestos register in line with statutory legislation
- Ensure the correct processes are being implemented at all times personally and within the wider estates team
- Attention to detail
- Ideally be a member of the RICS in the relevant field
- Client side (retailer) experience preferred but not essential.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'