With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and coaches passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder we're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'.
Their award-winning cruise port, one of the busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Their portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £122 billion of UK trade each year.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor, you will be required to provide a broad range of building surveying, civil engineering and construction expertise across the port to maintain and improve existing buildings, port infrastructure and other structures or facilities.
You will be required to:
- Undertake building inspections, produce designs to solve issues, procure the works and administer building contracts.
- Produce detailed contract documentation, technical reports including statements of requirements, specifications for tenders, drawings and monthly project reports.
- Act, when required, as Project Manager or Employer’s Agent in accordance with appropriate Conditions of Contract.
- Form part of the in-house asbestos management team.
- Assess Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria and make recommendations for appointment.
- Liaise with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the Board’s behalf.
- Planning and delivery or acceptance of capital assets.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Building surveying, condition surveys and assessments, building engineering and design and project management.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, particularly in stressful situations.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Generouscontributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
If you feel you are suitable for our Building Surveyor position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job