Our client is seeking a Building Surveyor to join their repairs and maintenance team with good building surveying knowledge and relevant surveying experience or managing repairs.
Candidates must be a good communicator, enthusiastic, display attention to detail and be keen to develop their building surveying skills.
Please note: You must have a full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across the City Councils stock.
- You will be based at any one of our Area Housing Offices working as part of a repairs and maintenance team.
- You will carry out a wide range of surveying duties across our varied 15,000 housing stock, together with our portfolio of corporate / operational, commercial and community assets including schools. You will be supporting us to maintain and improve our properties, ensure the right repair at the right time is carried out and help us provide suitable homes when needed.
- You will be surveying our assets, updating stock data and condition, evaluating and diagnosing repair requirements including assessing the viable option and issuing repairs.
- You may have a degree or HNC level qualification in an appropriate building or construction related subject OR alternatively demonstrate relevant experience of surveying properties in a repairs and maintenance environment.
- Have good building construction technology and building pathology knowledge together with the ability to advise others including identifying building defects, assess quality of work and offering solutions to resolve issues identified.
- Have good knowledge of building related legislation as appropriate and be able to apply as necessary.
- Have knowledge and experience of construction related health & safety legislation including the working at height regulations, CDM Regulations and Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
- Show practical surveying skills that can be demonstrated, such as being able to carry out stock data recording and measured surveys.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of all Microsoft packages and demonstrate practical IT skills using Excel spread sheets to analyse data or Word when writing reports, letters or specifications.
- Have planning skills and demonstrate the ability to be organised and methodical when undertaking surveys, preparing and managing projects to ensure effective time management.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job