Working predominately within the commercial and residential projects team, the potential workload is likely to include;
- Residential refurbishment.
- Office fit out.
- Demolition and site clearance
- Assistance to the senior PM's on larger schemes.
The ideal candidate could be a high calibre graduate Building Surveyor with project experience (excellent opportunity to complete your APC within the team) , or Chartered Building Surveyor with an opportunity to move up to an Associate position.
They have experience in working across a variety of property sectors particularly retail, offices and residential, as well as some smaller scale projects within the education sector.
They have recently merged with the London PM team to form a national cost centre with a view to growing all our services and project management in particular.
Potential Opportunity with the Projects Team:
They have a potential requirement for an experienced and suitably qualified professional to join the commercial projects team, and work alongside their current BS team members, with a specific focus on their ability to offer Design and Contract Administration services in particular.
The role would include;
- Preparing schedule of work, specifications and tender documents. Administering the works on site using JCT contracts including cost management.
- Working autominously on projects likely to range between £50k-and say £750k.
- Undertaking feasibility studies and simple planning applications from time to time.
- Opportunity to develop skills and provide Employers Agent services for projects likely to be in the region of £1 Million plus.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure we are achieving good standards of technical compliance in relation to administering building contracts, and continuing to improve the way we delivery services, as well as managing risk related to design work and the way we procure projects.
- Provide support and/or gain experience to the other Building Surveying teams in Manchester when opportunities arise inc Dilapidations, surveys, party wall etc.
- Proficient in use of autoCAD, and experience using MS project would be beneficial.
- Experience using NBS software to produce specifications, as well as Excel.
- Face to face client management, co-ordination of sub-consultants, and building contractors.
- Good working knowledge of CDM, Building Regs, and other statutory legislation inc Asbestos awareness.
Our client is offering an excellent salary and package for the role.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job