This role is for 6 months from the initial start date with a pay rate of £17.90p.hr as a PAYE Employee or £22.83p.hr. via Umbrella Company.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
* Carry out core building surveying activities, for example, dilapidation reports (interim, final terminal to include Scott schedule preparation and expert witness duties), various surveys (pre-acquisition, condition, utilisation, Asbestos, Structural, Capital Allowance, Space rationalisation), repair schedules, risk appraisals, insurance valuations etc.
* Be responsible for the site management of all planned maintenance and improvement projects ensuring that schemes are completed in a timely manner (in conjunction with the project surveyors programme), within budget and to the required standards. Understand and take ownership of project risks.
* Manage the Building Regulation and Planning applications.
* Manage the safety of work carried out by staff/contractors in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
* Draft terms of reference, estimate costs and resource requirements, and produce project initiation documents for corporate projects to ensure that all work is accurately scoped and sized and presented.
* Prepare contract documents and invitations to tender for work, evaluate bids, negotiate variations and report on submitted tenders.
* Manage framework/external consultants, staff and contractors, monitoring their performance, make site visits, chairing/attending project progress meetings and carry out inspections of works to ensure quality standards are achieved.
* Contribute to the compilation of Estates and Property Services guidance notes, H & S manuals, good practice building notes ensuring that information is relevant and visible to appropriate staff.
* Liaise with the Facilities Management Team to assess the impact of Estates management work on their services, working together to deliver continuous service improvement.
* Provide guidance, advice and assistance with fire evacuation plans and fire safety documentation and other inspections as required (incl. fire and false alarm investigations).
This role is offered subject to a background check.
In order to be considered for this position, please either apply directly to this advert, or contact Amy at Adecco on .
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job