We are currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to join a Brighton based multi-disciplinary practice that provide Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Architectural Services throughout the South East. This position is ideal for someone that is keen on career progression opportunities but that also values work/life balance.
The role will involve carrying out Building Surveys on offices, industrial units, domestic and retail properties. Other duties will include Building Pathology inspections and reports, preparation of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules, Party Wall advice, preparation of drawings for planning and building regulation submission (including detailing of works for construction), preparing specifications, tendering and providing contract administration services, and preparing schedules of condition.
It is envisaged that the successful Building Surveyor will either be chartered (MRICS), working towards or have equivalent experience. It is also important that the Building Surveyor has strong interpersonal skills with a pro-active attitude. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will also be key to successful delivery of the role, as will a desire to continue professional & personal development.
Building Surveyor Position Overview
- Building Surveys on offices, industrial units, domestic and retail properties.
- Building Pathology inspections and reports.
- Preparation of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules.
- Party Wall advice
- Preparation of drawings for planning and building regulation submission, including detailing of works for construction
- Preparing specifications, tendering and providing contract administration services.
- Preparing schedules of condition.
Building Surveyor Position Requirements
- MRICS Chartered - either achieved or working towards
- Pro-active with good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Desire to continue to develop professional training and specialisms
Building Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: Negotiable DOE
- 22 days holiday + public holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
- CPD programme & professional fees paid
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy