Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Ashby Building Surveyors are looking for an experienced and dedicated CharteredBuilding Surveyor to join our team based at Hertford. Working on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive salary commensurate on your experience.
Ashby Building Surveyors are a small team of surveyors. Our parent company manage residential apartment blocks and so the majority of our instructions come via Property Managers and are associated with apartment blocks, some historic, some new build. Most of our inspections take place in central London, though our office is base is Hertford.
As a Chartered Building Surveyor, you will take instruction from the Head of Building Surveying and clients and liaise with Property Managers as required; visiting properties, preparing reports and giving advice, as required. The successful candidate will drive the company towards achieving department financial targets as set by the Senior Management Team and implement and project manage instructions.
Key Responsibilities of the Chartered Building Surveyor:
- Undertake various Building Surveyor instructions to Department and RICS standards.
- The day-to-day management of your own workload working with Property Managers, leaseholders, freeholders and management companies.
- Surveying areas of work include: Specifying construction works and overseeing JCT 2016 Construction Contracts Building Defect Diagnosis, Party Wall process, Dilapidations process, creating Planned Maintenance Programmes, S20 Consultation process, Licence to Alter process and creating Reinstatement Cost Assessments.
- Ensure all works are recorded on the tracker within 12 hours of completion – Administrator to input.
- Ensure fees are billed as soon as possible plus fee targets monitored and achieved.
- Regular communication with clients and Property Managers for the purpose of providing progress reports.
- Communication is key for a positive client relationship
- Awareness and avoidance of conflicts of interests
- Seek new areas of business from both external contracts and other HSCPM/HSC departments
- Development of personal CPD programme
- Help produce marketing/promotional material for the department
- To keep accurate up-to-date timesheets of all working time.
Our Ideal Building Surveyor:
- Understanding of Tracker, Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- The ARMA and RICS Codes of Conduct and relevant law
- Prepare progress reports for meetings as required
- To be creative and innovative in how we deliver or develop our
- Property related services
- Deliver results through project management
- Evidence CPD
- To be responsible for the standard of outgoing correspondence
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team! If you are interested in the Building Surveyor role and have the required skills and experience, please click ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job