This successful and established Insurance Claims handler has been established to provide various major insurance providers with a cost-efficient partner for handling Household Insurance claims from start through to settlement, and due to continued growth is seeking an experienced Building Surveyor to join their established Surveying team.
This role will involve national travel however once established you will be working in the North, ideally based in Lancashire.
To assess damage for buildings insurance claims to determine whether claims should be accepted or rejected and to verify quantum for accepted claims, ensuring that claims are resolved effectively and that we deliver market leading cost control and excellent customer service.
- Provision of technical advice on buildings insurance claims to the claims handling team,
- To contact policyholders to inform them where buildings claims are repudiated,or scopes are adjusted with a valid well-articulated rationale
- To visit risk addresses and make assessments on site where appropriate,
- First stage support to Customer Relations and Compliance Manager on complaints relating to building claims,
- Negotiation of building claim costs with approved suppliers and private contractors,
- Review contractor estimates and negotiate cash settlements directly with policyholders,
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit,
- Liaise with our approved building contractors to review contract variations,
- Provide technical support to the claims team on building repairs, methodology and pathology,
- Validate customer invoices and discuss same with policyholders to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and that policy cover applies
You will ideally be degree educated with qualifications in a relevant discipline, minimum HNC/HND qualifications in surveying plus building surveying experience.
- £30,000 - £40,000K Salary + additional annual bonus of up to 10% (£44,000 maximum)
- Company Car
- Free parking
Can all applicants please attach an up to date CV in Word format.
- Building Surveying