Building Surveyor - Hybrid
Location: You can be based in either Sheffield, Manchester or Leeds
Salary: Competitive, DOE + Benefits
Contract: Full time, permanent. 37.5 hour working week; Monday to Friday.
Benefits: Flexible working for all staff, Paid birthday leave, Paid volunteering leave, Life assurance and permanent health insurance, Travel Loans, Cycle to work Scheme, Paid professional subscriptions, Contribution to personal (non-career) learning goals, Local concessionary gym rates and corporate discounts!
We are Monaghans Ltd, we provide what is truly the best-in-class multi-disciplinary building consultancy services, delivering quality professional expertise and advice to clients across a diverse range of business sectors throughout the UK and internationally.
We have offices in London, Sheffield, Manchester, and Leeds and our core services are cost management, project management, programme management, building surveying and health and safety consultancy to multiple construction sectors, no two days are the same with us!
We are part of Trebbi, a unique structure of businesses with shared vision, mission and values that provide consultancy, engineering, and design services within the built environment!
A very unique opportunity exists for Building Surveyors at all levels to join our Sheffield, Manchester or Leeds offices working on projects in the Retail, Commercial, Industrial and Residential sectors.
Working as part of the Built Asset Consultancy Team, the successful candidate will have a great opportunity to join an expanding business where progression and reward is driven by successful delivery!
We are looking for efficient, goal driven engaging individuals who prioritise innovation and flexibility.
As our Building Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Preparing detailed Building Survey reports for clients
- Providing detailed reasoned advice to clients relating to claims for dilapidations
- Inspection and preparation of Schedules of Condition
- Administering the role of contract administrator to ensure smooth running of a construction contract
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes and specification of works
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Party wall inspections and negotiations
- Administering the Tenants Surveyor role to achieve successful handovers of new build development
- Upward reporting to meet client expectations
- The role involves some travel in the UK to undertake site inspections and surveys
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- A relevant degree, with demonstrable experience within the construction industry.
- Alternatively, CIOB and/or holding relevant and demonstrable experience would be considered.
- A great team and work ethic.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in the construction sector - particularly retail, leisure, or commercial sectors.
- MRICS status, or working towards, desirable.
- iMaPS or other PD/CDM-C qualifications e.g., NEBOSH would be desirable but not essential.
- Strong knowledge base including Contract Administration, Building Surveys, CDM, Schedules of Condition, Dilapidations, Party Walls etc.
- Full driving license and your own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with all levels of staff both internally and within client organisations.
- Strong people management and leadership skills are an advantage.
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office and Tablet & Mobile data collection.
People - We seek to attract, engage, inspire and grow outstanding people
Innovation - We challenge the status quo to provoke fresh thinking and transformation
Collaboration - We drive dynamic partnerships sharing ideas, knowledge and expertise
Integrity - We always act in a professional manner to the highest possible standards
Teamwork - We encourage positive communication and cooperation to achieve success
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Monaghans is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
- Building Surveyor
- Building Survey
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'