My client is a leading consulting civil and structural engineers, based in Sevenoaks in Kent working on award-winning work ranges from small-scale refurbishment and extension to large-scale new build in all areas from residential, education, healthcare and arts to commercial, sports and infrastructure - nationally and internationally.
Their specialisms include heritage engineering, off-site fabrication, appraisal of existing buildings, refurbishment and repair, infrastructure engineering, engineering sustainability, pre-planning advice and deep basement design
As the successful candidate you should be an Surveyor to join their Heritage Team. Candidates should have the following attributes:
- A desire to work on the survey, assessment and adaptation of historic building and structures.
- A civil or structural engineering or building surveying degree background.
- At least 2 years’ experience working on projects involving the repair or refurbishment of existing structures.
- Good written and spoken use of English; some experience of writing reports.
- Good communication skills; able to convey concepts and questions at meetings, by telephone and in written and sketch format.
- Some experience of design in masonry and timber; experience in design in steel and concrete would be advantageous.
- Some knowledge of traditional types of building construction and methods.
- May or may not be Chartered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job