Senior Planner (M&E / Building Services) Sought, Salisbury. Girling Jones are delighted to once again be representing a national mechanical and electrical building services contractor delivering a significant project within the Salisbury plain. We are looking to speak with M&E Planners interested in a new, exciting opportunity. You will have experience of delivering M&E projects, utilising either Asta or Primavera. Interested? Read on.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior M&E Planner to be based at and deliver a prestigious project in Salisbury, South West England. This is a permanent key position within the site based team, responsibilities include: To plan the allocated projects up to the standard required from both internal and client requirements. Plans will be implemented with the best-practice approach utilising Critical Path Analysis, Resource Planning, Cost Management and Progress/Productivity Monitoring and Control.
Day to Day:
- Planning: Arrange and facilitate internal integrated planning meetings with relevant project personnel to agree the team input into the project plan.
- Customer: In conjunction with the Planning Manager / Senior Planner, work closely with relevant project personnel and our external customer in order to produce / agree a 'Contract Baseline' programme for each allocated project that aligns with the agreed formal contract price and work scope, and reduces risk.
- Bid Activity: Participate within bid activity as requested by the senior management; to work in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes.
- Progress/Productivity: Take responsibility for all allocated projects, ensuring that progress and productivity is effectively monitored against project plan, and that clear and appropriate reports are produced and distributed to the appropriate personnel in a concise and timely manner (e.g. Manpower Histograms, 'S' Curves, Earned Value Analysis). Also to ensure that the inclusion of variations is communicated and integrated into project plans.
- Compliance: Ensure that all planning related activities are carried out in compliance with contractual obligations, internal processes and external legislation governing business operations.
- Contract Reviews: In conjunction with the Planning Manager / Senior Planner, ensure that planning representation is present at all contract reviews that are conducted in line with internal processes and requirements, in order to ascertain whether project targets are being achieved and to jointly establish/agree any corrective measures to be taken where necessary.
- Managing Risk: In conjunction with the Planning Manager / Senior Planner, perform Time/Risk analysis against programmes at regular intervals within the project lifecycle.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Considerable experience in a Planning role with substantial commercial experience, substantial M&E site experience and experience working in a Commercial / Estimating / Procurement / Design role.
- ONC/HNC Building Services / Engineering / Technical or equivalent C&G
- Project Management related qualification (APM - 5 day/OGC/PMI) or Project Management modules successfully completed as part of degree level studies.
- Level 5 Post Graduate Diploma (Leadership / Management)
In return, a very competitive package, the chance to join a national leader within this field, all whilst working on a prestigious contract offer both development and a challenge.
Interested? Click APPLY and call Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Mechanical or electrical or building services or hvac or planner or senior planner
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'