Building Services & Facilities Manager required for large professional organisation based in central Ipswich. Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of the firm’s premises and security management the successful candidate will enjoy a varied facilities role which will include hands on repairs and manual handling. The main responsibilities are:
- Managing of building works and maintenance plan (including outside contractors) for all branches and performing routine repairs such as WCs, plumbing, lighting and decorating.
- Planning and implementing office and desk moves.
- Garden maintenance, roof and damage checks/repairs, car park maintenance.
- Managing buildings’ security including alarm and car park entry systems.
- Arranging function rooms for events
- Ensuring adherence to H&S in the workplace through regular inspections, testing and record keeping
- Assist CEO with the preparation of building budget proposals
- Handle deliveries/collections and purchasing local supplies.
Applicants must have experience of buildings and facilities management including security and alarms systems along with general maintenance skills such as minor electrics, plumbing, painting and decorating, brickwork and carpentry and a knowledge of Health & Safety. A current driving licence is required. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys managing a full workload and working independently to deadlines. Hours 8.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with the occasional requirement to stay late of attend alarm call out.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job