Would you like to work for one of the UK's fastest growing companies? How about a multiple award-winning FTSE 250 Company that offers great benefits and a sense of community at work? And how about a Company of over 1,100 staff that believes so strongly in internal progression that most of its Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers (and even two of its Directors) began their careers as Customer Service Advisors?
Well if so then you’ve come to the right place!
What we offer
At Utility Warehouse, not only do we offer stability and career progression, but also a fun and friendly workplace - which still has that family feel which you don’t often see in larger companies.
In addition to this, we are offering a competitive salary, as well as a number of benefits including:
- Salary benefits - include 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), an escalating Christmas bonus, share options, free life assurance (4x salary) and a contributory pension scheme!
- Office perks - include free tea and coffee, break areas with pool and table tennis tables, frequent social events, a subsidised canteen and free parking!
- Staff discounts - on our services as well as additional discounts such as gym membership and sports equipment, discounted BUPA healthcare and free Gourmet Society membership!
- and much more!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and friendly Building Manager to join our growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the Facilities team and working with the Facilities Manager to ensure the smooth running of our sites.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Project and contract management (including insurance, maintenance, cleaners and other third-party suppliers)
- Undertaking regular building inspections
- Monitoring and recording internal requests/tasks, ensuring any reported issues are prioritised and dealt with as quickly as possible
- Budget control, tendering, procurement and invoice payments
- Manage and coordinate the physical and environmental conditions within the building
- Managing and maintaining health and safety and fire risk assessment policies on all Utility Warehouse properties and ensuring staff/tenants are trained to the appropriate standard
- Being the Senior Fire Warden and Fire Brigade liaison for Utility Warehouse sites
- Being available for call out/out of hours work
- Undertaking other related duties as directed including providing assistance/cover for other members of the Facilities team where necessary
You will need to have experience in a similar role, ideally managing a small team of busy, hands on Facilities Assistants and be very hands on and practical yourself.
You will also need to be experienced in:
- Managing contracts with third party buildings suppliers (insurance, maintenance, building etc)
- Conducting fire/risk assessments
- Budget control - managing service charge expenditure, highlighting priorities for repair, enhancement and modification of the building services and facilities
- Managing projects - including tendering, procurement and invoices
- Document management and general administration
You will need to have:
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good general maintenance skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills - Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Gmail to an intermediate level
- A full and clean driving licence
If you think that this could be you, and you would enjoy working in a busy but buzzy Facilities team, then you could be right for us and we look forward to receiving your application.
So, if you wish to apply for this superb opportunity, then click apply today!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Building Management
- Contract Management
- Facilities Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job