Job Title: Building Manager
Reports to: Senior Facilities Manager
Role Purpose: Manage the day to day operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, related general legislation and client/tenant requirements.
This includes ensuring the adherence to the budgetary costs and customer service standards and management of onsite personnel.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes the achievement of all key performance indicators reference those set by the client and also that of the Company
- To be responsible for the drafting, monitoring and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site(s).
- To carry out regular inspection audits of the site(s) and take/organise remedial action if and where required
- To ensure the agreed planned maintenance programme carried out in accordance with the laid down timetables
- Conduct regular inspections of the building fabric and take appropriate action when required
- To work with key stakeholders and external consultants in ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required
- To nurture and develop an effective working relationship with the tenants and ensure operational queries raised by them are dealt with efficiently
- To chair where relevant tenant meetings, and to participate accordingly, both individual and group
- To ensure all health and safety audits carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions carried out within due timetable. This includes ensuring that Meridian is regularly monitored and updated in accordance with all the Health and Safety requirements
- To be responsible for Environmental management on site, in compliance with CBREMS/client policies
- To ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the health and safety requirements. This includes ensuring the emergency plan and related site maps are continually updated.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate
- To oversee and manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved, including on site and external contractors
- To produce regular management reports in accordance with the needs of the business.
- To assist with the compilation of external contracts in conjunction with the Regional Facilities Manager and the Procurement Department. This includes ensuring all procurement needs are carried out in line with company policy
- Direct line management responsibility of onsite CBREMS personnel. Ensure all CBREMS personnel are trained in accordance with the needs of their roles. This includes carrying out regular performance reviews, setting objectives for appraisals and general people management.
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by contractors to ensure the required standards achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement
- Any other duties as in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio of properties. This includes Line Management responsibility for Company personnel and contractors and management of service agreements
- Knowledge of technical aspect of premises management
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- IT literate together with an understanding and experience industry specific IT applications
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 70,000 people worldwide, with 2000 working in the UK. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
CBRE Management Services Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CBRE Ltd. and we manage over 206 million sq. ft. of property in the UK. This involves over 1200 sites, 54 shopping centres and c. 17,500 occupiers from whom we collect rent each year on behalf of the clients.