Building Manager/Handyman - Residential Block
Location: Enfield, London
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Temp to perm role
Our client currently has a vacancy for an experienced handyman/caretaker to look after a new development in North London. This is a block of 190 residential apartments and you will responsible for the building and its communal areas.
Conveniently located by excellent transport links this new development is looking for someone with good basic maintenance skills, great customer service and strong building knowledge.
The client is looking for someone who is hands on with good maintenance skills and takes pride of building.
You will ensure the cleanliness of the buildings communal areas whilst keeping checks on minor repairs required such as lightbulb changes and locks. This is a role focused on maintenance so proven experience of basic maintenance is essential.
You will have a positive can-do attitude and provide excellent and professional services to all who live on site.
Your primary role is to ensuring the building is well maintained and service is delivered to the residents. You will have a range of jobs not limited to:
- General maintenance - locks, painting, skirting, door handles etc
- Assisting with post
- Helping residents
- Light cleaning of communal areas to ensure building is in good condition - sweeping, mopping, polishing etc.
- Daily checks of emergency lighting
- Inspect light fittings in the common areas
- General patrols to ensure security of external doors
- Monitoring of health and safety issues
- Supervising the twice weekly collection of refuse
- Porter duties such as meet and greet, sign in contractors and take in parcels.
- Ensuring ground maintenance and car parking
You will be expected to:
- Take a customer focused approach to everything you do.
- Carry out works in an efficient and safe manner
- Carry out all jobs adhering to the highest safety procedures
- Have a smiley and approachable manner
- Be customer serviced oriented
- Be an active person happy to climb staircases
Qualifications and experience:
There are some requirements for this role listed below
- Some experience in dealing with handyman/maintenance jobs: door handles, lightbulbs etc.
- Customer facing skills
- Excellent communications skills (essential)
- A similar background in working in residential buildings/hotels/commercial
Please note this is a temp to perm role with the temporary period lasting up to 3 months.
- temp to perm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job