Randstad CPE is currently recruiting for a Building Foreman/Manager to work on a tier 1 rail project in London.
The Building Foreman/Manager shall be responsible to the Senior General Foreman/Works Manager for the successful completion of the superstructure, fit out and MEP installation on the project.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a culture of safety on site. Engage with both the subcontractor, direct labour workforce and the team to develop awareness and improve safety systems.
- Supervise the safe delivery of the works on site, ensuring compliance with project, company, and statutory requirements. Provide input to and have an understanding of the safe systems of work, identifying improvements that can be made. Challenge others to improve performance and compliance on site.
- Take ownership for ensuring the safe delivery of the works on site, ensuring compliance with project, company, and statutory requirements. Provide input to and have an understanding of the safe systems of work, identifying improvements that can be made. Challenge others to improve performance and compliance on site.
- Ensure that all statutory, company, and project records are maintained for your section of works. These shall include, but not limited to, LOLER, PUWER, HAVS, excavation inspection, and scaffold inspection
- Ensure that the site is compliant to all relevant, project, site and statutory environmental requirements. This shall include the management of noise, dust and light pollution as well as mitigating the sites impact on the local community.
- Manage the daily interfaces between works parties on site. Ensure that exclusion zones around high risk areas are suitably established, maintained and observed.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Start of Shift briefings for your section of works, ensuring that all individuals in your works area are briefed.
- Provide reasonable support and guidance to peers in your section of works to ensure the safe delivery of the works.
- Ensure that works in your section are coordinated through the site logistics plan.
- Liaise with client representatives, updating them on the works as they progress and reasonably assisting them in supervising the works.
- Maintain the site set up, to include welfare and management of materials and waste.
- Ensure that accurate contemporaneous records of the works on the site are maintained on a daily basis for the works in the agreed template and to an agreed standard (i.e. site diary). Any events resulting in a delay or change must be notified to the Project Manager and Commercial Staff in a timely manner
- Have an awareness of the temporary works currently deployed in your section on works and ensure that these are erected/dismantled in accordance with the agreed methodology. Provide reasonable support to the Temporary Works Coordinator to ensure that the works are installed as per design.
- Work proactively with supply chain supervisors, ensuring that attendances are provided, access dates and handovers are agreed, to facilitate the efficient delivery of the works.
- Take a proactive role in managing the quality of the works delivered, inspecting works within your section as they are undertaken, identifying issues, and escalating these where appropriate.
- Coordinate the works on site with other adjacent 3rd parties as required by the works manager.
- Degree qualified (preferred)
- New build experience
- Up to 4 weeks notice
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job