Building Control Surveyor
Our client is the building control consultancy of choice throughout Hertfordshire; they carry out building control services for 7 local authorities in Hertfordshire.
With the growth in building developments in the County, my client are experiencing unprecedented demand for our services and need talented qualified surveyors to join our team and build on our reputation for outstanding customer service.
You will manage a range of interesting projects liaising with clients, design teams, architects and builders and provide professional support to them acting as the compliance lead whilst ensuring that value is added, for our customers, at each stage of the process. This includes:
- Working with client and design teams to provide pre-emptive advice
- Checking plans submitted for Building Regulation approval
- Carrying out on site technical assessments
- Offering guidance to builders as well as undertaking forensic investigations
You will enjoy the support of a multi-disciplined professional team but with autonomy and responsibility to make your mark in a growing and successful company.
As a Chartered professional (MRICS, MCABE, MCIOB), you should bring substantial construction industry experience and knowledge of Building Regulations able to make pragmatic decisions. You will have a customer focussed approach, possessing excellent communication skills both written and verbal, recognising the commercial benefits of adding value to our clients whilst ensuring legislation is complied with. You should be able to work un-supervised, in line with established policies and procedures, but with the experience to know when to seek expert help.
- A generous bonus scheme based on performance
- Company car allowance
- 25 days per annum annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Employer Pension contribution with life assurance of 3 x salary and salary sacrifice scheme
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme
- Professional fees paid i.e. CABE, RICS or CIOB
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job